Friday, April 17, 2009

Spring Cleaning

Tommorow, at our house, we will be engaging in the age old practice of spring cleaning -- I noticed that coincidentally, I have written a poem with that name -- a work in progress, I guess -- but pomme frites allows the cravenly amateur. Feel free to help with my eventual improvement :)

Spring Cleaning

There is a reason why the spring flowers
seem to us so bright;

Its that we see them against a background
still mostly greys and whites.

Their vibrant cries are breaking Winter's
weary mantra of same same same

They sweep away the sepia tones with a besom
until the world seems light again

They wipe with a pink cloth, the dust
and cobwebs from our eyes;

And tempt to us to live out the
rest of time as birds and butterflies.

Its a palliative art
this coming on of spring;

I am waking and forgetting
that all must sleep again.

1 comment:

  1. I love the contrast of the bright flowers against winter's gray. I look forward to those flowers for months.

    ReplyDelete